Saturday, December 26, 2015

Goals for 2016! 52 Week Book Challenge

Goals for 2016

Hello everyone! I haven't written in a few months, mostly because I was incredibly busy. I spent a month with my parents in Florida and then when I came home, I packed up my apartment and moved! It has been about a week and we are finally in our new townhouse. It is just me, Rob, and my brother now. And of course the fur babies Charlie and Jax. It has been an adjustment. I never appreciated everything my parents have done like calling cable companies, setting up electricity, and buying renter's insurance. Things that I have never had to do even at 21. But I got it done and here we are. 


2015 was not at all what I expected it to be like. I don't think I ever could have imagined not working for a whole entire year. I wish I could go back and not stress as much as I did. I was so anxious about everything- bills, roommates, jobs, and money. Now that i'm where I am today, things worked out. I still am unsure about what I am going to do. I would like to get a part-time job this coming year. The only problem is Rob and I share a car and I will be going back to school this spring. I think we will be able to work out me using the car for work but if I had to also keep it for going to work, I'm not sure how Rob would have rides to work and back. Ideally I want to work somewhere after hours and completely away from customer service. I know my limits and right now that is something I can't handle. 


I still feel a lot of guilt for not being able to just be a "normal" person. I wish I could have had money to buy people gifts for the holidays but not having a job killed that pretty quick. I know that I can't help the way I am but yet at the same time, I feel like it's still my fault for being this way. It comes with the illness I guess. 

I really want 2016 to be a good year. I want to just be content. Not even happy all the time. I just want to feel peace. I want to finish school, find a job that I can handle, and not stress as much. I also want Rob and I to have more fun together. Last year it felt like everything was so focused on saving money and not enjoying each other. This year I want to start off the year with money in savings and then instead of Rob's leftover money going straight into that, I want to go on dates. Maybe go out of town for a couple nights. Things that we will be able to remember. Some day soon we are going to settle down and have kids. I want to go on some adventures before we are really tied down. I also am going to take control of my health. No more excuses, I am going to do it. I don't want to be stressing about my health when I try to have children or 6 weeks from my wedding day, I just want to feel good about myself.

So my goals for 2016 are:
  • Finish school and get my Associate's degree
  • Spend more time with Rob
  • Worry less about money
  • Find a job that I will enjoy
  • Take control of my health
  • Read 1 book a week, 52 books for the year.

My last goal is a little more silly but I really want to read 1 book a week. It sounds really fun and something I will be able to focus on. Also reading at night will help me fall asleep sooner. I have smaller goals too like, going to bed by 11:00 pm. At this time next year, I want to feel proud that I stuck to my goals. I don't ever hold myself to anything but this year is going to be different. 


I hope you all have an amazing Christmas break and New Year! I will be blogging more often, especially about book reviews. I am really excited about reading tons (well not tons) of new books!! Here is my list of books to read so far:

  • Red Queen- Victoria Aveyard
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children- Ransom Riggs
    • Hollow City
    • Library of Souls
  • Cinder (Lunar Chronicles)- Marissa Meyer
    • Scarlet
    • Cress
    • Winter
  • The Death Cure (Maze Runner series)- James Dashner
    • The Kill Order
  • Percy Jackson The Sea of Monsters- Rick Riordan
    • The Titan's Curse
    • The Battle of the Labyrinth
    • The Last Olympian
  • The Harry Potter Series ( I know I can't believe I haven't read the either!)- J.K Rowling
For now that is all I can think of! I will update the list in a few days with the actual schedule of what i'm going to read. Any suggestions would be great as well! 







No comments:

Post a Comment