Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 1 Paleo and Gluten Free

Hello blogfriends,

I just thought I would share how the first day of my diet is going. My initial feelings are:


  • Hungry
  • Tired
  • Excited
  • Good
  • Refreshed
  • Hungry
  • Fresh
  • Hungry
  • Hungry
So as you can see, I am hungry! My body is not used to being only sufficient of fruits and veggies. I knew that the hungry feeling was going to be hard in the first couple days or even week. It does not help the cravings at all. Because when you feel hungry you just want to stuff your face! But the thing is, I am eating. I'm eating plenty of food. Its just not food that makes me feel really food and gross after so my body is like WTF?? Where's the real stuff? We aren't done until we feel bad about it! So I cannot wait for that to end.

For breakfast, around 7:30 am, I tried something I saw on Pinterest! 

This is what you need Imperial Metric Flower Power Eggs Who needs egg rings when you can use pretty capsicums instead? Kids will love these paleo flower power eggs. Ingredients...Read More

Looks pretty good right? And easy to make?? WRONG.
First of all, when you crack open the egg inside the pepper the egg yolk runs right out from underneath it, and that's with hold the pepper down. Second, the egg doesn't cook! the top of the egg is still, idk raw, I guess you can say. I turned the heat down to slow cook them but the bottom was burning so I decided to flip them upside down!

Displaying IMG_20150717_082211.jpg

This is what mine turned out like! They don't look anything like the pictures! So did they end up tasting good? Nope! The combination of already over-easy eggs and juicy peppers was the weirdest flavor and consistency. It was like eating watery eggs. So I will not be doing that again though I appreciate the idea, it's just not for me. The bacon was good though. 

For a snack around 9:30 am I decided to try out our new blender and make a green smoothie. I was apprehensive about the smoothie because I've never added any greens to one before.
So I used about 2 cups of frozen fruit (mixed bag had grapes, peaches, strawberries, and blueberries), 1 cup of water, a 1/2 cup of coconut milk, 1-1/2 cups of kale, and 1 whole banana (which technically i'm not supposed to have but I figured it would do more good than harm).

The taste was actually amazing. It tasted so fresh and delicious! But, it did not look fresh not delicious...

Displaying 20150717_093656.jpg

Displaying 20150717_093703.jpg


It was quite the funky color but taste really made up for it!
As I was drinking the smoothie I just felt so good. It was like I could feel my body absorbing all the nutrients and vitamins! I don't know it was just very refreshing! 

Around 11:30 am I wanted to have a snack so I prepared some apple slices (and by prepared I mean I bought pre-sliced apples and put them on a plate), and some lemon water. 

Around 1:00 pm I will probably make my lunch but I'm not sure what I will eat...I'm not looking forward to having a salad really so I might have some cold cuts and almonds too. I really just want it to fill me up so I can make it to dinner time when I make a roasted chicken with green beans and carrots!! I cannot wait for some meat to get in this body! Okay that sounds so wrong...

Anyway this is just day 1 and the biggest thing is just feeling hungry. After I eat I actually feel really good, it's just not full. Now I have to go do homework...*groan*





2 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I am trying to eat healthy and work out as much as I can but it is so hard sometimes. Your ''day 1'' was very inspiring to me!

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jana! I know how hard it is to start something without support or even inspiration! I know it will be difficult for me but I will support you just as you support me! I hope my future posts continue to inspire you! Made my day! :)

      Delete