Tuesday, July 14, 2015

What is your standard?



Hey everyone!



I am currently putting off doing homework because I really, really, do
not feel like doing it. I thought that the assignment was going to be
simple and short but I have to actually end up writing a 2-4 page essay
and I'm just not feeling that right now...or ever. But I will get it
done eventually. Well, I have to its due tonight...


Anyways!
So my last post I talked about how I was getting real with myself and
decided to choose to start taking care of myself. I researched more into
what PCOS is and how it is directly effecting my body, my anxiety, and my
emotional state. Every youtube video I watched of women doing either the
PCOS Diet, the Low Amylose Diet, Gluten Free, Paleo Diet, Vegan, or
Vegan Raw Diet has been successful in not only regulating their cycles
naturally but also curing their PCOS and having children. Every woman I
saw testified to the diet they were doing and how much better they feel inside and out and I just got more motivated to do that for myself. 


I want to feel good and reduce my anxiety. I'm tired of being tired! And I want to have a good life, a healthy life. I watched a really awesome video that I will
put a link to that makes you question what kind of standard you are
giving yourself. Are you living up to your standards? And I thought
about this and the simple and quick answer was no. I do not hold myself
to any standard. I don't put my needs first, I ignore them and suppress
them. I don't challenge my mind or my body in any way. I try to do things
so that I don't have anxiety like drive or work but that doesn't make
me happy. Not being able to drive without anxiety or work without anxiety
makes me sad. And I don't try to overcome it I just try to avoid that. I
don't try to make myself healthy. I didn't think that I was good enough
to be a Vegan or anything like that. I just assumed that I couldn't do
it and that its not a good way to live. 


I have been very ignorant about a lot of diets like going gluten free or
being vegan. But I don't know anything about the matter I just assumed
that I was having a better life by eating meat and processed foods and
sugars. But I am not healthy or happy. They are. So who is really living
the better life?


I also did not think that I could do it. I don't know how to eat without sugar,
gluten, potatoes, and corn. I honestly don't know what I'm going to
cook or eat but I'm going to try and I'm holding myself to a higher
standard. And that is why I am going to do this diet, for myself. Yes it
is going to be very difficult. Yes I am going to have some bad days.
But in 3 months I KNOW that I will feel so much better. 


So to anyone out there reading this, ask yourself about your standard. Do
you have a standard? Are you holding yourself to that standard? Why not?
So I challenge anyone out there to start that change. Start helping
yourself instead of pretending like you don't have problems. Stop settling for a bad life. Make the decision today to choose YOU




 


No comments:

Post a Comment