Saturday, July 18, 2015

Paleo Day 2: Can't believe I made it to day 2!

Hey blogpeople,

Success! I made it to day two without dying! Okay that is a little over exaggerated, but it was difficult. The hardest part about yesterday was not being able to feel full. I know that I had enough food, but my body was not recognizing it as a meal. My stomach was still waiting to be stretched by all the food it is used to! So the portions were good, just not filling up my entire stomach. 
People say that I am supposed to feel "good" but I don't expect to start feeling that way until the second week or maybe even third. I think that's why dieting is so challenging. People think that eating better is so easy but in reality, its not. So don't feel discouraged if your diet is not making you feel like a million bucks yet. There is going to be a struggle in the beginning, we have to stay strong and take back control of our body!
My body is addicted to sugar, fat, and corn syrup. As sad as that is, its the truth. What's even more sad is trying to find something that doesn't include high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrins, and sweeteners!! Seriously, there is almost nothing expect for fruits, vegetables, and meat. So if you don't think that there is a food epidemic then try finding food without added sugar and you will be surprised at what is available. 
Anyway rant over...
Last night I made a roasted chicken with fresh green beans and carrots. By this point I was so ready to eat some meat and feel full! Let me tell you, food never tasted so good! 

Displaying 20150717_191602.jpg

Displaying 20150717_194535.jpg

Looks delicious right?? Well it was! And it was super healthy and filling. It felt amazing to get a bigger portion of food in this belly. I have actually never made fresh green beans before (they've always been in a can...) or carrots. So if anyone wants to try doing it, its actually really simple. 


  1.  Take some fresh green beans- I think we used about 1/2 lbs.
  2.  Snip off the ends
  3.  Measure 1 -1 1/2 cups of water
  4.  Place the green beans in a sauce pan or skillet
  5.  Add the water
  6.  Bring to a boil
  7.  Reduce heat to a light boil for 5-6 minutes depending on how crisp you like them
  8.  Drain and rinse under cold water
  9.  Add 1 tablespoon of butter (I used ghee and added minced garlic)
And there you have it! Yummy green beans that are crispy and fresh!  
If you want to try the carrots its a similar process. Just pour enough water over the carrots to cover them, add some sea salt to the water, boil for about 10-20 minutes (depending on how thick they are), test softness with a fork, if ready drain, add butter. 
I added a little bit of honey to the water just to bring out some sweetness. Some people boil the carrots with sugar and salt but I can't have sugar! So I went for the more savory carrots.  
The chicken was an oven bagged chicken that we got on sale. It was an organic chicken too! 
Dinner was a success and for some dessert later on I had some apple slices and a little bit of peanut butter. 

This morning we stuck to a simple breakfast that included scrambled eggs and bacon. I am also drinking lemon water!

Displaying 20150718_085311.jpg  

Displaying 20150718_083733.jpg 
Doesn't that make you thirsty???

Displaying 20150718_084315.jpg  
Bonus Charlie wearing some flip-flops!

I'm going to make a smoothie soon, around 11:00 am and then Rob and I have to run some errands. For lunch we are going to have left over chicken and a salad with apple slices! Then we are going to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. 
We will have to find dinner down there because its about 30 minutes from our house, hopefully something that won't be too bad for my diet. Then we have to go see a play downtown.
Nothing against theatre or plays but I really, really don't want to go see a play....but my theatre class requires everyone to go see (and pay for, thank you teacher) a live play.

I will post about what goodies we find! Hope everyone out there has a lovely day and don't forget to drink lots of water!     
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment